On 4th January the Prime Minister announced a national lockdown and instructed people to stay at home to control the virus, protect the NHS and save lives. This means that the Village Hall is closed and will remain so until restrictions are lifted.
People are only be allowed to leave their homes for the following reasons:
- shop for basic necessities, for you or a vulnerable person.
- go to work, or provide voluntary or charitable services, if you cannot reasonably do so from home.
- exercise with your household (or support bubble) or one other person, this should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.
- meet your support bubble or childcare bubble where necessary, but only if you are legally permitted to form one.
- seek medical assistance or avoid injury, illness or risk of harm (including domestic abuse).
- attend education or childcare – for those eligible.
- If you do leave home for a permitted reason, you should always stay local – unless it is necessary to go further, for example to go to work. Stay local means stay in the village, town, or part of the city where you live.
Weston Village Hall, Maiden Street, Weston, Hertfordshire SG4 7AA
Weston Village Hall is situated in North Hertfordshire and was built around 1920, it has a lovely wooden floor and high pitched ceiling, there is a staged area which can be closed off. This area, known as the Reading Room, can be hired separately for smaller groups. The hall has recently been completely refurbished making it a bright modern facility, fit for our vibrant community.
Capacity in the main hall is 100 seated, 120 for dancing and in the reading room, 30 seated. Total capacity in the hall is 150.
Plenty of tables and chairs are stored in the hall and can be set out as required for any function. There is a well equipped kitchen at the back of the Reading Room which includes a cooker, fridge, 2 sinks and kettles. There is a purpose built bar in the Main Hall, with a double sink, drinks fridge, kettles and a large electrically operated hatch for serving. There is also a toilet in the Reading Room and male and female toilets in the main Hall and a disabled toilet and baby changing facilities in the main Hall lobby.
Weston Village Hall welcomes disabled visitors with an easy access ramp to the front entrance and tries to overcome the limitations of historic buildings which do not give easy access or offer facilities for the less able-bodied.
We invite you to use our convenient and accessible venue for your business meetings, training courses, receptions, lunches, conferences, parties and weddings. A projector and electric drop down screens are available for photos, slide shows, presentations or films in both the Reading Room and Main Hall, we have a new surround sound system for music and presentations in the Main Hall together with a microphone.
Weston Village Hall supports the local community by hosting and organising functions and special interest events with regular activities taking place throughout the week. There is a book exchange available for use on Saturdays 10am-12 noon and also when in the the Reading Room for an event or meeting – books can be borrowed from a wide selection of novels and audio books. Donations of a paperback book or two in very good condition are also welcome.
We will be happy to meet you at the Hall and discuss your needs, please email the bookings secretary on firstname.lastname@example.org or view the bookings page.